Tutorial: how to make and use cue points (by DJ TLM) – – ProBeatzMaker
*Apologies for the blurry parts in the video. the camera had a bad day ;)*
In this video we take a look at cue points. What is a cue point? What’s the advantage of using cue points when you’re mixing? How do you make a cue point?
Cue points are shortcuts that allow you to go straight to a certain part of the song without having to look for it. A lot of songs start with an intro before the actual ‘beat’ begins. If you place a cue point on that first beat (drum), you can always go straight to that first beat by clicking on that cue point.
Cue points aren’t pre-selected in your songs so you have to ‘make’ them yourself by finding the parts of the song you want to have quick acces to, and marking them with a cue point. If you do this in the software (in this case i use Serato Scratch Live) than you can use your mouse and click on the + to add the selected cue point or you can use a keyboard shortcut. Please consult your manual to see which button you have to click in your software.
Enjoy the video and subscribe to the channel if you like it!
If you have any more questions or if you want me to share more information about anything in this video please send me an email at djTLMtv@djtlm.com
Check out the website: http://www.djtlm.com
Subscribe to the channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=djTLMtv
Support me by liking the video and adding it to a playlist or to your favorites. Thanks!
Factsheet DJ TLM:
– Club DJ since 1995 with residencies throughout The Netherlands
– Plays Hip Hop, R&B, New Jack Swing, Soul, Funk, Disco, Dancehall & Electronic Dance Music
– Tour DJ for MTV Award winning rap artist Brainpower since 1998
– Over 2500 live shows with Brainpower in Europe, The Caribbean and The US
– Weekly mixshow (Set It Off) on Holland’s biggest urban radio station 538 Juize.
– Co-hosted national Hip Hop tv show MTV RAW for MTV Holland (2003 — 2004)
– Over 650.000 views on his youtube channel (djtlm)
– Released more than 40 mixtapes and artist promo mixes
– Produced tracks for Brainpower/Jean Grae, Deams and Dicecream,
– Co-wrote the music for the Dutch soundtrack of Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed video game
– Provided scratches on tracks for Brainpower and more national & international artists
– Provided scratches on the #1 single Dansplaat (certified gold in Holland and Belgium)
– Supported Black Eyed Peas, N.E.R.D., Eminem, Snoop Dogg, D12, Nelly and De La Soul,
– Supported DJ Cash Money, DJ Premier, DJ Scratch and DJ Jazzy Jeff
Website: djTLMtv http://www.djtlmtv.com
For collaborations and business inquiries, please contact via Channel Pages: http://ChannelPages.com/djTLMtv